December 03, 2011, 12:18 AM — Linux Mint 12 comes with a new default search engine called Duck Duck Go. Here’s how to change it if you prefer to use something else.
1. Open the Firefox browser in Linux Mint 12.
2. Click the small triangle next to the Duck Duck Go icon in the search box in the upper right of Firefox.
3. Choose “Manage Search Engines” from the drop down menu.
4. A menu will pop up. Click “Get More Search Engines” at the bottom of the menu.
5. You will be taken to a page on the Linux Mint site.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for the Other Search Engines section.
7. Click the search engine icon you want and then go back up to the search box, click the triangle again and you should be able to click the “Add Whatever Search Engine You Picked” choice in the drop down menu.
Your new default search engine icon will be seen in the search box. Now all searches will be done with your preferred search engine.
Free Backlinks.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Affiliate | Settlement Statement